If you are looking for Best Tablet For Performing Musicians you are at the right place in this article we have filtered the web and tracked down best options for you to save your time.
Before we begin to discuss about Best Tablet For Musicians, let me give you a quick advice: don’t save money on something you need if you can afford it. This is very important when buying anything musical instrument or equipment! You should pay much attention when searching for instruments (some cheap guitars may look like good deals at first sight but they might be worn-out). Also, I’ve done some research on what kind of tablet you should buy if you’re a musician and I decided to share my findings.
List Of Best Tablet For Performing Musicians:
1. Apple iPad 2
I’ve been using an iPad for more than 3 years now and, let me tell you guys something – there’s no better feeling than touching a finger on your device screen with some softness from your finger nail. It feels great to have such control over any device! That’s why I recommend that you get an iPad (if they aren’t too expensive for your wallet).
You can even connect some professional MIDI controllers (keyboards and drum-pads) and use them as your main instruments. As you may know, iPads are compatible with thousands of apps that allow musicians to create any type of music imaginable.
I’d say that there’s no better tablet for performing musicians or music producers because they give you great value for the money you spend on it.
- Touchscreen (multi-touch) and gesture support makes it suitable for musicians.
- It has a big hard disk.
- There are lots of apps that allow you to use this tablet as musical instrument or music production tool.
- You can’t upgrade its hardware.
- It’s gonna get slow after some time.
2. Huawei Mediapad M3 8″ Tablet
Now let me introduce another interesting gadget that will suit every musician out there . This thing is a great device with 8″ screen and really fast hardware. You can use it like any other tablet or attach external MIDI controller to make it sound even better (especially, if you plug in one of the professional controllers: they usually have their own drivers).
It has high-quality speakers too which mean that you’ll get a very clean sound from your instrument/MIDI controller.
- It’s a compact Android device which makes it easy to carry around for all musicians out there.
- The built-in speaker is good enough for most purposes.
- Wonderful tablet if you’re looking for an Android model with big screen.
- There are no disadvantages but I should mention that its camera isn’t so good.
3. Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 10.1″
This is another good Android tablet that comes with built-in incredible speakers. I don’t know why but it seems like all new tablets (and smartphones) have amazing speakers these days – maybe, there’s some science behind this phenomenon? Anyway, this is a solid device for almost every musician out there.
I’ve used it while touring around USA and I had no problems with it at all. Let me tell you something though, the battery life on this model isn’t so great but what can you expect from modern devices?
At least, I think that the features are worth mentioning about because it has an amazing build quality which means that you’ll use Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 10.1″ for many years to come without any problems!
- You get Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box which means that you get to use thousands of music production apps.
- It’s relatively cheap for an Android tablet with this large screen size.
- It has a built-in stand that makes it suitable for all kinds music making tasks including playing virtual instruments, composing songs etc.
- The battery life isn’t very good on this model.
4. ASUS ZenPad 10″ Tablet Z300CX
This is another great tablet which came out not too long ago . It has some cool features like fast hardware and modern version of the Android OS (6.0 Marshmallow).
I can tell you that it feels quite solid in my hands which means that it’s a perfect tool for any musician or music producer. Of course, I had to mention about the sound quality because ASUS ZenPad 10″ Tablet Z300CX has some of the best speakers from its price range.
They’re loud and crisp which means that you get a very clean sound if you use it as instrument or play piano with virtual instruments.
- It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box!
- This model is great for listening to all kinds of music due to its incredible speakers.
- The build quality is solid, just like new devices from other manufacturers on this list.
- This tablet isn’t good enough if you want to use it as an audio interface.
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7″
Before I introduce you to my favorite product from this list I’d like to talk a bit about the operating system that powers all of these devices. The great news is that it’s called Android and it comes with various music making apps which means that every creative musician can use them for their projects.
Of course, there are many other things you can do on Android tablets but let me tell you something – they’re perfect for musicians because most of them have similar features in a package!
This model has a lot going on under the hood because it uses one of Samsung’s latest chipsets . It’s fast enough for any kind of multitasking even if you run multiple music production tools at once. Moreover, it has very high-quality speakers which can fill a small room with rich and accurate sound.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7″ has very high-quality speakers that make it suitable for all kinds of music production tasks.
- It’s powered by the latest Android version (6.0 Marshmallow) which is great news if you like to use custom apps for music making purposes!
- This model comes with an AMOLED screen with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels which means that there are no problems with reading text on this tablet.
- The battery life is quite short even if it has a large battery inside this device.
6. Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro
This is definitely one of the best music production tablet. I’ve used it on stage and in studio and never had any problems with it .
The good news is that it’s powerful enough for all kinds of tasks including playing virtual instruments, performing live shows etc.
It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow which means that you get access to thousands of free music apps (including MIDI apps) that will make your work easier than ever before! Also, let me tell you something – the battery life is great and Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro is quite light considering its size!
- Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro is very light which makes it perfect for performing live shows etc.
- This model has a built-in stand that allows you to use the tablet in landscape or portrait orientation.
- If you don’t have enough money for this product, take a look at some other models on this list because they might suit your needs better!
7. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7″
I really like this tablet so I think it’s worth mentioning about its features. First of all, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7″ comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop preinstalled that offers amazing possibilities for musicians and producers alike.
It has many music making apps, powerful speakers and 32GB of storage space. The battery life is solid but keep in mind that it’s not the best tablet on this list if you plan to use it for performing live shows!
- It comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop which means that you get easy access to thousands of music making apps.
- The built-in Bluetooth support is great because it makes pairing much easier than ever before.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7″ has very good speakers that are loud enough for all kinds of applications.
- This model isn’t good enough if you want to use it as an audio interface.
8. Asus ZenPad 10″ Tablet Z300CX
I didn’t mention about the operating system yet but it’s worth mentioning now. This tablet is powered by Android Lollipop 5.0 that offers amazing possibilities for musicians and producers alike.
Of course, I think that the most important thing about this device is the fact that it comes with a USB port so you can connect an external MIDI controller or audio interface without any problems whatsoever!
- It has a USB port which makes connection easier than ever before.
- Asus ZenPad 10″ Tablet Z300CX is quite inexpensive considering all of its features.
- This model allows you to record high-quality sound directly from your favorite mics thanks to its 2 built-in microphones.
- If you have enough money, take a look at some other models on this list as they might suit your needs better!
9. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0″
I had to mention this tablet at the beginning of my article because I think that it’s one of the best music production tablet on the market right now.
It has some amazing features so if you need something more powerful than Asus ZenPad 10″ Tablet Z300CX, take a look at Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0″. First of all, it comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow which means that it offers easy access to thousands of music making apps.
The battery life is pretty good but keep in mind that Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro has even better battery life considering its size. Also, don’t forget about built-in Bluetooth support because it might make your live shows easier than ever before!
- It has a modern version of Android preinstalled (Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0″ comes with Bluetooth support which makes pairing much easier than ever before!
- All in all, it’s one of the best music production tablets on the market right now!
- It’s not good enough if you plan to perform live shows.
To conclude, Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Samsung Galaxy View 18.4″, Asus ZenPad 10″ Tablet Z300CX and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0″ are all great but in my opinion, I think that Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro has the best value for money so you won’t make a mistake choosing Best Tablet For Performing Musicians.
I hope that the article was helpful for you and if there is anything else that you would like me to add to this guide please let me know in the comments below! Also don’t forget about sharing your thoughts about these.